We specialize in Rolex and high-end watch repair for the industry.
All fine timepieces require routine maintenance and servicing. The oils used for lubrication inside the movement have a life expectancy of only 3 to 4 years. Once the oil has begun to break down, moving parts succumb to the effects of friction and can cause key parts to wear down, aging prematurely and affecting the accuracy of the watch. If your mechanical watch is running more than 2 to 3 minutes fast or slow it may be time for an overhaul.
Our routine service includes the following:
- Complete disassembly of the watch movement.
- Clean all moving parts with specialized cleaning solvents.
- Proper lubrication with only the highest grade lubricants and oils during the reassembly process.
- Thorough testing of accuracy. Your watch is tested to our exacting standards over a period of 72 hours to assure accuracy, water resistance, and proper operation of all functionality.
(Overhaul – Lubricants, Gaskets, Sealing, Regulation, MISC testing)
Watch Repair Services
Downtown Jewelry and Watch Company can provide complete watch restoration or provide repair work for the following items:
- Tune Up – Battery, Wash case and bracelet, Replace gaskets/seals, Replace spring bars/pins, Water Seal and Pressure test.
- Stem & Crown
- Replace Crystal/Glass: – Plastic or Mineral glass
- Scratch Resistant/Sapphire Crystal
- Polish: – Polish Watch Case and/or Bracelet
- Complete Watch Overhaul
- Complete Watch Restoration
- Dial Refinishing